Client had their website built by an agency in 2017 and put live but with a long list of issues that had persisted
I did an audit without a login to wp-admin identifying the most urgent issues that need to be fixed as well as advising on how modification to the site could better serve them.
They contacted me to rectify the website issues. On closer inspection of the theme that the previous website agency had produced for them it was clear from the outset that it had been developed by someone who had very little experience in building a WordPress theme.
Most of the plugins and WordPress core hadn’t been updated and the previous developers had modified the core files of some of the jQuery scripts that are in use, making updating those extremely difficult. The SEO plugin they had used had no sitemap functionality.
When adding images to the gallery page, the client had to edit raw HTML which is very error prone.
- “Request Information” not working
- SSL Certificate errors (gallery page for example) – normally these occur when a site moves from non-SSL to SSL and the process isn’t carried out correctly.
- Homepage slider not working (appears collapsed and hidden under the header)
- Footer testimonials slider not working
- Two version of jQuery loading, possibly causing the two above sliders to fail.
- Logo not linked to homepage
- Nav doesn’t show hierarchical nav items properly
- Menu button doesn’t collapse nav when it’s open
- Images not scaling
- Blog sidebar not in correct position (under blog posts) – responsive grid not working as it should.